Dr. Justin Cress and his team in Twin Falls work hard to help patients avoid dental issues. Despite great oral care, however, problems can occur. The practice also provides a full range of restorative dentistry treatments, so you can smile again.
Why restorative dental care matters
Most adults have 32 teeth. You might wonder why it is important to have one repaired or replaced when something goes wrong.
Ignoring the problem does not make it go away. Decay, for example, progresses eventually involving more of the tooth. It can result in a painful abscess or allow infection to spread to bone and other tissues. A broken tooth affects clear speech and healthy digestion. Missing teeth trigger a chain of events with widespread negative impact on oral health.
Damaged teeth also affect self-esteem and how you are perceived by others. It is human nature to make unconscious judgments about hygiene, lifestyle, and health based on the condition of teeth.
Personalized choices in restorative dentistry in Twin Falls
Dr. Cress do not practice “cookie cutter” dentistry. They tailor treatment to the patient’s oral condition, budget, and schedule. They accomplish that goal with a variety of tooth restoration options:
- Fillings – This conservative treatment eliminates decay and restores strength of the tooth. We recommend a strong, durable composite filling material that blends unnoticeably with existing tooth structure.
- Dental bonding – This tooth colored composite resin is a good choice for minor repairs such as chips and cracks, and cosmetic enhancements including closing gaps between teeth.
- Crowns – This cap of strong, restorative material is shaped to provide strength and protection for a badly damaged or decayed tooth. Crowns are also part of bridge, root canal, and dental implant procedures.
- Bridges – A bridge holds an artificial tooth (or several) in the space where a natural one has been lost. The bridge is anchored with crowns cemented to adjacent teeth.
- Dental Implants – An implant is a lasting solution for a missing tooth. It becomes part of your body, providing solid footing for a crown.
- Root canal therapy – An alternative to extraction when pulp at the center of a tooth is infected.
For teeth restoration in the Buhl, Jerome, Hailey, and Kimberly area that fits your smile and your life, call Justin C. Cress, DDS in Twin Falls at (208) 544-4848.